Awarded Best AIM Company 2016

Share price at 06:55 80.00GBp

Day change:

0.50p 0.63%

Share price information delayed by 15 minutes

View detailed share price

Meridja

Extra information:

Following the acquisition of all of OGIF’s assets in Eastern Morocco, Sound Energy will hold a 75% interest in the Meridja reconnaissance area, and is in the process of applying for an exploration permit over this area. Onhym will hold the remaining 25% interest in the licence area. Like Tendrara, Meridja has a pericratonic position and is located between three geologic domains: the inverted High Atlas, the Folded Hercynian Basement and the Non Deformed Saraha Platform.

In Meridja, two main targets have been identified: the Paleozoic formations, which belong to the Hercynian Saharan Platform, and the Triassic Sandstones (TAGI) which belong to the Triassic province.

License Details:

Area 8,873.33 km2
Status Reconnaissance licence moving to present
Effective Date to be defined
Term 8 years
Resource potential TBA

Interests:

Interest Sound will have a 75% participating interest (ONHYM 25% carried) on finalisation of the OGIF transaction.

Permit Area

Sound has secured an option to acquire a 55% interest in the Meridja permit, located next to its Tendrara license.

The Meridja reconnaissance permit is currently held 75% by Oil & Gas Investment Fund S.A.S (“OGIF”) and 25% by Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines (“ONHYM”).

Both Meridja and Tendrara have a pericratonic position and are located between three geologic domains: the inverted High Atlas, the Folded Hercynian Basement and the Non Deformed Saraha Platform.

In Meridja, two main targets have been identified: the Paleozoic formations, which belong to the Hercynian Saharan Platform, and the Triassic Sandstones (TAGI) which belong to the Triassic province.

Currently, 15 leads have been identified with reserves potentially similar in scale to those in Tendrara.